Renowned Swedish sea level expert and climatologist Nils-Axel Mörner also responded by e-mail on the Antarctic sea ice expansion.
The Antarctic sea ice and sea surface temperature
Whilst there is a general hysteria of global warming, increasing temperature and rising sea level, new records from Antarctica indicate the opposite: a significant increase in the extent of sea ice over the last 30 years (in the order of 1 million square km) and a decrease in sea surface temperature south of Lat. 60°S (in the order of 0.4 °C).
Why is this?
First, the global warming hysteria is just what it is: a large-scale hysteria, which is primarily based on disinformation:
– The warming during the 20th century seems primarily driven by the Sun.
– There is negative evidence of CO2-driven process.
– The cooling over the last 17 years and 11 months is predominantly driven by the Sun.
– Sea level is by no means rising at an alarming rate.
Secondly, events taking place south of the Circum-Antarctic circulation belt are bound to be driven by other, often negatively correlated, effects than those recorded north of this belt:
– South of the Circum-Antarctic circulation belt ocean circulation and wind currents may generate climatic signals quite opposite to those in the north.
– An expansion of the sea ice over the last 30 years is not surprising.
– Nor is an increase in sea surface temperature of 0.4 °C since 2003 surprising.
But it all calls for an observationally based view of climate; in stead of a general hysteria.”
Photo source: The Mind Renewed (video very much worth hearing).