UPDATE: Some have been claiming that I’m on a so-called paleo-diet. But that is not accurate. I guess I may be on something that resembles to a significant extent a paleo-diet, but it is not. I eat a fair amount of dairy products, which cavepeople didn’t eat. I thought the following was interesting: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-paleo-diet-has-it-wrong-cavemen-did-eat-carbs-2015-08-18.
Something totally different today, but I think it will surely benefit some readers here who are not yet aware. If it changes the life of just one person, then it’s worth it.
In a nutshell, all the national dietary guidelines promoting the low-fat, high-carb diet (yes, all endorsed by a universal medical scientific consensus) have been dead wrong for decades. In turns out that saturated fat, meat and eggs are in fact not dangerous – rather they, and many other often demonized foods, are in fact healthy and essential for good health.
You can’t go anywhere today without seeing suffering
So what has been the result of our modern, western enlightened populations being fooled decades long into thinking that low-fat, high-carb diet is healthy? Just look around you. Today we are seeing an unprecedented, mass-scale epidemic of heart disease, obesity, diabetes and cancer. You can’t go anywhere without seeing people in public who are dragging themselves around and suffering immensely. Sadly many children are now severely afflicted.
Today I am convinced that at least half of the pharmaceutical industry owes its existence to this decades-long nutrition disinformation, one that I believe they have been actively complicit in promoting. A lot of executives and doctors should have been locked up long ago.
Tens of billions made with Viagra
Many readers here are grown men, and so I thought this site and the excerpts that follow would interest them. There’s nothing to buy here – it’s free information – and I agree with the dietary recommendations they make 100%. Big Pharma does not want you to know it. They want to pump you up with statins, beta blockers, Viagra, anti-depressants, etc. etc. etc.
So gentlemen, here you go. The site writes:
1. “Losing body fat, especially belly fat, is a primary method for increasing testosterone naturally.”
Losing fat is easy. Simply switch to a high-fat, low-carb diet. Carbs make you fat, and not fat. See below.
2. Strength training gives you many benefits: stronger muscles; a higher metabolic rate; a leaner body; and a higher testosterone level. Exercising large muscle groups has been shown, through studies, to increase your testosterone levels.”
3. “…you’ve been inundated with misinformation about cholesterol and fat. A testosterone-friendly diet will seem to fly in the face of everything you’ve heard from your doctor, the federal government, the American Heart Association, and every magazine health article written for the past four decades. …your doctor, the federal government, the American Heart Association and every magazine health article is wrong. Your body produces all the cholesterol you use, and the bulk of what you eat goes straight through you.
Here’s another shocker: fat DOES NOT make you fat. Because everyone purporting to be a diet expert has said, ad nauseam, to restrict your calories, fat has gotten the same bad rap as cholesterol. Fat is higher in calories, per serving, than most foods; however, your body NEEDS high quality fat to be healthy.”
Saturated fats are not the Devil’s spawn, either; naturally saturated fats are necessary for your body to produce hormones, and these hormones are necessary for proper metabolic processes to occur.”
The next one is the toughest, but is very important: Stay away from “healthy whole grain” bread!
4. “The tinkering with genetics has led to some bad side effects, with the worst one being the grains make you overeat. Also, a high-carb diet is usually high in processed carbs, so they are death to your blood sugar and a ticket to type II diabetes.”
The site summarizes:
5. “These methods of natural ways to boost testosterone will increase your health overall, and give you back the energy you had when you were in your teens and twenties, as well as giving you back your libido.”
I’ve received some e-mails from some readers who told me of the vast improvements in health they have seen since they’ve changed their nutrition, and I think they will second me on all this. My diet, which now consists mainly of Kerrygold butter, cheese, eggs, meats, vegetables berries, fruits, etc. (and very little in the way of grains) has led me to lose the 20 lbs of excess weight I had been carrying around, my blood pressure to be back to normal, and my energy levels to multiply. So all the claims made at the linked site all ring true.
Give it a try. Not only will you appreciate the immense health improvements, but so will your better half.
Not only Big Pharma has been rotten on this, but also Big Food has played an equally devious role in the current health crisis.