We keep hearing from alarmists that if we sacrifice by giving up carbon based fuels and bring atmospheric CO2 concentrations below 350 ppm, then we will get nice weather with far fewer extremes – like in the 1930s.
Reader Jimbo however shows that this is all bogus. Now he has compiled a list of extreme weather events occurring in 1936…before 15 billion “Hiroshima bombs worth of heat” were added to the climate system by humans – and at a time when CO2 were well below the “safe level” of 350 ppm.
Recall awhile back we posted Jimbo’s list of extreme weather events for the year 1935 here.
Now he has his list of…
STRANGE / ODD / WILD / WEIRD WEATHER – 1936
– DROUGHT, FIRE and FLOOD AMERICA’S PHENOMENAL NUMBER OF DISASTERS
– FREAK WEATHER. EUROPEAN EASTER. AIRLINERS’ EXPERIENCES.
– FREAKISH WEATHER FURTHER FLOODS New York
– FREAKISH WEATHER. IN VICTORIA. Torrential Rain. MELBOURNE
– World’s Weirdest Weather America’s Blizzard Of Mud
– WILD WEATHER In New Zealand TERRIFIC GALES LASH EUROPE AND BRITAIN Ships Wrecked. PHONE SERVICES DISLOCATED
– HAILSTONES KILL 19 […AS LARGE AS COCONUTS…]
– WILD WEATHER MORE WILD WEATHER Tornado’s Wreckage East and West
– EVEREST UNCONQUERED ATTEMPT ABANDONED UNPRECEDENTED BAD WEATHER VIOLENT WIND. Damage in Victoria [..Red rain fell…a waterspout was seen..]
HEATWAVES – 1936
– DEATHS IN CANADA SIX HUNDRED IN ONTARIO […worst six days’ heat wave in the history…]
– Relief in Sight After 5,000 Perish….America Heat Wave…..
– A HEAT WAVE HAS QUEENSLAND IN GRIP. SEVERE CONDITIONS
– Antarctic Expedition. Polar Heat Wave.
– Black Swan Dies In Sudden Heat Wave, But Polar Bears Survive
– OVER 90DEG. FOR FOUR DAYS Temperature Record For October [Brisbane]
– SYDNEY RECORD HEAT
COLD WAVES – 1936
– UNITED STATES IN GRIP OF COLD WAVE Over 200 Deaths Blizzards, Snowstorms and Frost Widespread Suffering
– INTENSE COLD BREAKS ALL RECORDS IN AMERICA WORST IN MEMORY
– FROZEN CANADA 50 Degrees Below Zero Worst Cold in Memory
– SPANIARDS DIE OF COLD MILITARY ACTIVITIES AFFECTED WAR IN SNOW
DROUGHTS – 1936
– TERRIFIC WHEAT LOSSES DROUGHT RAGES IN AMERICA
– WORST DROUGHT IN HISTORY Millions Hit In America
– DROUGHT RAVAGES IN CANADA
– CALAMITOUS DROUGHT. Special Alberta Legislation
– WORST DROUGHT IN HISTORY WEST AUSTRALIA SUFFERING
– Cattle Dying in Hundreds Transvaal’s Most Terrible Drought in Living Memory
– SOVIET GRAIN HARVEST SMALLER THAN AVERAGE DROUGHT IN MAY
– GRAIN POSITION IN ARGENTINA Drought Affects Many Crops
FLOODS – 1936
– UNITED STATES FLOODS WORST ON RECORD QUARTER OF U.S.A. AFFECTED A THOUSAND LIVES LOST
– DISASTROUS FLOODS LONDON PHILIPPINE FLOOD THOUSANDS DEAD OR MISSING
– RECORD FLOODS. SERVICES ISOLATED Water 50 Miles Wide at Normanton. BRISBANE
– RECORD FLOODS EASTERN VICTORIA INUNDATED WIDESPREAD DAMAGE
– 11 LIVES LOST. DISASTROUS FLOODS. £1,000,000 Damage in N.Z.
– 300 Dead ANATOLIAN FLOODS 50,000 PEOPLE HOMELESS
– FLOODS IN FRANCE Serious Damage Reported Towns Under Water
– HUGE DAM BURSTS IN JAPAN. Six Villages Swept Away […owing to heavy rain…]
– FLOODS IN RUMANIA. Coffins Swept Through Streets. BUCHAREST
TORNADOES – 1936
– THIRD WORST DISASTER TORNADO IN U.S.A. OVER 500 DEAD
– TORNADO’S HAVOC New Zealand Town BUILDINGS WRECKED
– A QUEENSLAND TORNADO. Township Ravaged
– HEAVY TOLL OF DEATHS THE PHILIPPINES TORNADO
STORMS – HURRICANES / CYCLONES / TYPHOONS – 1936
– 5000 PEOPLE DEAD A Second Hurricane RUIN IN CENTRAL AMERICA
– TYPHOON SWEEPS JAPANESE ISLAND. 741 Killed or Missing
– MANY DEAD Cyclone in New Zealand SHIPS BUFFETED Extensive Damage to Property
– PHILIPPINES TYPHOON 400 REPORTED DEAD. Fear of a…
– Over 300 Killed in Cyclone [S. Korea]
– CYCLONE STORM IN QUEENSLAND WIDESPREAD DAMAGE TYPHOON AT HONG KONG BUILDINGS WRECKED MORE THAN 100 DEAD MOUNTAINOUS SEAS. Hurricane on German Coast
– FIJI HURRICANE. WORST IN HISTORY. 240 Deaths [..worst hurricane and floods ever..]
– HURRICANE AFTER FLOODS IN ENGLAND 13 Dead; Widespread Damage
– DISASTROUS HURRICANE. 300 Dead; 7,000 Homeless. Birmingham, Alabama
– HURRICANE IN CARIBBEAN SEA. A HUNDRED THOUSAND HOMELESS
– GALES SWEEP EUROPE 30 Killed: Long Trail Of Wreckage
– IS OUR CLIMATE CHANGING? Climatic Change Brought About by Dam. [W. USA]
– THE EVOLUTION OF CLIMATE. DROUQHTS: THEIR CAUSE, EFFECT AND MITIGATION
– IS THE EARTH DRYING UP? World’s Deserts On The Earth
5 responses to “Rash Of Weather Extremes In 1936 …Before 15 Billion “Hiroshima Bombs Worth Of Heat” Were Added To Our Climate!”
Nice list, Jimbo!
Readers, next time snake-oil alarmist climate salesmen claim a recent weather event was “unusual” or “unprecedented”, just present them with this list and the 1935 list.
That whole period had amazing weather. For the anniversary of the 1938 hurricane, I wrote a post at WUWT looking at other weather in New England between the floods in 1927 and the hurricanes in 1954.
See http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/09/21/weather-before-and-after-the-hurricane-of-1938/ and
Anyone who claims global warming has brought more extreme weather hasn’t looked at the historical record.
I am currently working on 1937 and hope to cover other years at a later time. The aim is hopefully to make the gullible aware that it’s just bad weather which has always been with us. I’m still looking for the peer reviewed evidence that clearly shows that the dice is loaded. Not some short term study but one that goes back to at least 1975 AND shows that it was caused by man’s greenhouse gases.
Below is a collection from C3 Headlines between 1933 to 1938.
Idiot scientists at IPCC backpedal from their caims of a Global Warming-caused mass extinction wave.
And here I thought they knew the future.