Update: To the sheep of David Appell: https://notrickszone.com/2015/06/09/disastrous-scientific-consensus-finally-crumbles-after-60-years-of-deadly-failure/comment-page-1/#comment-1029797
Science has a way of calling itself the art of enlightenment, yet historically it has a nasty habit of taking us deep into dark dead-ends. Human history is filled with examples.
Whenever new theories get prematurely accepted as hard fact, policies usually follow and mislead society into new and ultimately disastrous directions. Dissidents are cast into academic exile. Eventually society gets led deep into a dark dead-end, light-years from the truth. Society wakes up and mends its ways only when real science is allowed to function once again.
So it was with the lipid theory, where cholesterol from high fat diets was claimed to be a major killer. Today, after 6 decades, it is turning out to be strikingly false.
That lipid theory was propelled in the 1950s by Dr. Ancel Keyes and his infamous, phony 7-country chart, which purported to show a direct link between heart disease and fat intake. Six decades long western societies were led to adopting the low-fat high carb diet for healthy living as a result. Today, after tens of millions having died horrible deaths from diabetes, heart disease and cancer, the science is only now finally beginning to admit it had gravely erred. The consensus science had been wrong.
Disclose.tv here has an article by Dr. Dwight Lundell, a veteran heart surgeon, who tells why it was wrong, and the horrendous consequences.
… we opinion makers insisted heart disease resulted from the simple fact of elevated blood cholesterol.
The only accepted therapy was prescribing medications to lower cholesterol and a diet that severely restricted fat intake. The latter of course we insisted would lower cholesterol and heart disease. Deviations from these recommendations were considered heresy and could quite possibly result in malpractice.”
The result he writes:
Despite the fact that 25% of the population takes expensive statin medications and despite the fact we have reduced the fat content of our diets, more Americans will die this year of heart disease than ever before.” […]
The long-established dietary recommendations have created epidemics of obesity and diabetes, the consequences of which dwarf any historical plague in terms of mortality, human suffering and dire economic consequences.”
Imagine that it took 6 decades to figure that out.
The same will be true when it comes to the CO2 and climate theory. The parallels are stunning. Like the lipid theory, the climate-CO2 theory is also based on an absurd hockey stick chart fabricated by a less-than-honest activist scientist. It’s going to take a few more decades, and probably here too tens of millions of premature deaths as well.
Consensus is the brake failure of science
It wasn’t until early last year that I rejected the old consensus on cholesterol and health and switched to a high-fat, low carb diet that includes lots of meats, eggs, Kerrygold butter and vegetables. Since then I’ve lost 20 lbs, my blood pressure has returned to normal, and my blood values are normal. I haven’t felt better in at least 20 years. This is what results from rejecting “consensus” science.
The lesson here? Consensus is the brake failure of science. When it happens we can only hope it doesn’t take us over a cliff. This is precisely what is happening today in climate science.
The 97% should have been ignored
Concerning heart disease, if earlier patients had ignored 97% of the doctors and followed the advice of the other 3%, many would still be alive and even healthy today.
Reading Dr. Lundell’s admission at the above link may change your life and make it immensely better.